There's nothing like the feeling of bringing a new vehicle home for the first time. The new-car smell, the perfectly shined paint job. Keep your pride and joy looking great for many years to come by using these vehicle-finish tips:
- Always use a dedicated car wash soap
- Never use a household detergent or soap, such as dishwashing or laundry soap, to wash the vehicle.
- Always use a clean cloth or a car washing mitt with plenty of water for best results.
- Start from the top of the vehicle and work your way down.
- Dry the vehicle with a chamois cloth or soft terry cloth towel in order to eliminate water spots.
- Vehicles with special striping or painted graphic decals need a little TLC to ensure the finish isn't damaged during washing. When washing or power spraying the vehicle, make sure the power wash nozzle isn't placed directly over or on the edge of the graphic or striping, which may cause tearing or cracking.